Thursday, October 21, 2010

Kids can do anything!

With my blonde moment behind me, I press on to share more.  (I promise I am a very shy person.)  I've been so excited about the beds project that I got my kids involved -- and a few other kids, too!  I coach a robotics team, and this year my team has chosen to extend a hand to SAFE to help them out.  I've had kids volunteer to build a website (which I'm sure would be better than if we let Rob do it -- ask him yourself), I've had them volunteer to make a funny YouTube video (funny -- of course -- why would it be any other way when you're in middle school???), they've volunteered to make brochures and fliers (our schools have created PowerPoint experts, you know), and then of course they are very jazzed about actually raising money -- like its some sort of personal mission to save all the children of the world.  It's so precious to see the compassion and urgency these kids have, and I look forward to updating you on their progress.  Michelle Taylor, not-so-newbie-anymore SAFE volunteer

No comments:

Post a Comment