Saturday, October 9, 2010

A Blonde with a Message

Okay, so I know nothing about blogs and somehow just this week I've come to realize that the posts really are just peoples' expressions from their hearts, put to "paper" if you will. (Yes, I'm blonde!) I'm not usually the kind to open up to people very easily, let alone to complete strangers on the world wide web -- That is, until I became so passionate and compelled to share with you what's on my heart. It's like I'm ready to shout it from the rooftops. Many people don't know that Rob Ramey and his team from SAFE not only raise money for homes in Haiti, but they have been building beds for impoverished children in their own communities, too. It seems like such a simple thing to them, but it will have a huge impact on the children in their own backyards... the very kids who will someday reach out to those who are even less fortunate than them in places like Haiti. If you're wondering how even a small donation would make a difference, let me tell they've been building these beds for only $50 -- complete with a mattress and a set of sheets! If you would consider "sponsoring" a child right here in the U.S., SAFE could put even $5 to use buying sheets for a child's bed. Now, that's something to shout about!
Michelle Taylor, newbie SAFE volunteer

No comments:

Post a Comment